One of the things that can keep a boy out of trouble is for him to hide God’s word in his heart. The best way to start is to read the Bible together with your sons, committing verses from where you read to memory with them.
I can still remember the memory verses that I learnt when I was a child. They have come handy when I need them. Remember, when you train a child in the way he should go, when he grows older, he will not depart from that way. Remember also that a young man can only keep his way pure by living according to God’s word.
Below are few verses that you can start learning with your sons from today.
- ‘In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth. ‘ Genesis 1:1
‘Blessed is the man who walks not in the counsel of the ungodly, nor stands in the path of sinners, nor sits in the seat of the scornful.’ Psalm 1:1
‘The Lord is my shepherd; I shall not want.’ Psalms 23:1
- ‘Trust in the Lord with all your heart, And lean not on your own understanding;’ Proverbs 3:5
- ‘For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life. ‘ John 3:16
- ‘“I am the good shepherd. The good shepherd gives His life for the sheep. ‘ John 10:11
- ‘Jesus said to her, “I am the resurrection and the life. He who believes in Me, though he may die, he shall live. ‘ John 11:25
- ‘for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God, ‘ Romans 3:23
- ‘Love is patient, love is kind, it isn’t jealous, it doesn’t brag, it isn’t arrogant, ‘ 1 Corinthians 13:4
- ‘Jesus answered and said to him, “Most assuredly, I say to you, unless one is born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God.”’ John 3:3
I suggest you learn one per week and if you need to be accountable, please let me know in the comment section.
- shall be added to you.